NEW HORRORS Turpin kids to win pay-out after being abused for 3 years by foster family who ‘saved’ them from parents’ sick torture
Posted by
bang12
–
A decision has finally been made in the children’s years-long fight for justice
SIX of the Turpin siblings – who were abused by a foster family who took them in after they were rescued from their parent’s house of horrors – are close to winning a huge settlement sum.
The children, 13 in total, were pulled out of a life of captivity in 2018 after a decade of abuse by their biological family at their home in Perris, California.
The Turpin siblings pictured with their biological parents, David and Louise Turpin
Disgraced foster father Marcelino Olguin was sentenced to seven years in prison for child neglect and sexual abuse
Riverside County and a private foster care agency, ChildNet Youth and Family Services, Inc., were tasked with finding the Turpin kids a home.
Tragically, six of them ended up being abused again by new foster parents who were supposed to care for them.
Marcelino Olguin, his wife Rosa, and their daughter, Lennys, pleaded guilty to several counts of child abuse after their arrest in 2021.
Rosa and Lennys had their sentences suspended and were given four years of probation.
Marcelino also pleaded guilty to charges of sexual abuse and was sentenced to seven years in state prison.
In July 2022, the siblings filed two lawsuits against Riverside County and ChildNet.
In the initial lawsuits, the Olguins were accused of telling the children to kill themselves because they were “unlovable.”
They also forced the siblings to gorge themselves on food until they were sick and then made them eat their vomit as punishment, according to the complaints.
The U.S. Sun has obtained new court documents that confirm all parties for both suits have finally reached a settlement deal, although it is yet to be approved.
One lawsuit lists two of the siblings, who are not named, as plaintiffs, while the second was brought by the other four.
The true extent of what went on in the notorious case of the ‘Turpin 13’ kids
BRAVE ESCAPE
Court filings show there is still one “minor’s compromise” to be done before the next hearing, ensuring the settlement is in the child’s best interest and the funds are protected.
This is expected to be finalized before the next hearing, according to docs.
The papers also state that if the Board of Supervisors rejects the settlement, the case will go back on the calendar before a court date on August 8, 2025.
has reached out to Riverside County, ChildNet, and the Turpin siblings’ attorneys for further comment.
Attorney Elan Zektser, who is representing some of the siblings in one suit, previously told The U.S. Sun, “Some of the kids will tell you that what they experienced in the foster home was even worse than what they experienced at the hands of their parents.
“The thing that kills me most is that when they were in the Turpin home, they were told they didn’t deserve to be like everyone else, that they were bad kids, bad people – that’s what their parents put on them.
“And then the foster family used that against them and compounded those feelings, telling them, ‘No one wants you, look at what your parents did, they were right: you are nothing.’
“So when you have enough people in your life telling you that you are nobody and nothing and don’t deserve what everyone else has in life, it has a profound effect on your psyche.”
Zektser added, “If you ask me how they’re doing now, from being in those situations, they’re doing fantastic with all things considered. Because if you’re living after those two situations by default you’re doing fantastic.
“Some of them are productive members of their community, but some of them are still struggling greatly.”
Lennys Olguin (pictured in 2024) received a suspended sentence for abusing the kids in her parents’ foster home
The children were initially ‘saved’ from their abusive home with their parents in 2018 (children pictured in undated picture)
Louise Anna Turpin [pictured] and her husband, David Allen Turpin, are the children’s biological parents who were jailed
Zektser also claimed ChildNet knew the Olguins were unfit to be foster parents because of an alleged prior history of abusing and neglecting children placed in their care – but those facts were allegedly ignored.
In a cross-complaint filed by Riverside County, the authority denied any wrongdoing and shifted the blame solely on the foster parents.
“This abuse and neglect inflicted on Plaintiffs by the Olguins, if true, and the Olgiuns’ failure to cooperate and disclose information to the County’s social workers, if true, caused Plaintiffs to sustain injuries and damages,” docs read.
The Department of Public Social Services (DPSS) no longer places children in homes through the agency formerly known as ChildNet, according to reports.
A Riverside County spokesperson also previously said in a statement, “The trauma this family endured is heartbreaking. We remain committed to their well-being and their lifelong journey of healing.
“We appreciate our County and community partners, who collaborate with us to support this family, and every family, with services and resources.”
ChildNet also replied to the complaint in 2022, claiming in court docs: “Defendant alleges this answering defendant had no advance knowledge of the unfitness, if any, of Marcelino and Rosa Olguin.”
They also claimed, “The actions of Marcelino and Rosa Olguin against Plaintiffs were committed, if at all, while Plaintiffs were no longer in a ChildNet Foster Care Program.”
Jordan Turpin said she thought she was going to die before escaping her biological parents’ house of horrors
Jordan Turpin seen in bodycam footage after escaping from the home she was tortured in for years and asking for help
David Turpin seen at his front door when confronted by cops
Bodycam footage showed the chains used on the children in the home
The children were also covered in bruises (pictured)