KNIFE HORROR Amsterdam knifeman ‘stabbed women in the back’ as witnesses heard ‘icy screams’ in rampage in Dam Square tourist hotspot
Posted by
bang12
–
Watch an emergency chopper landing directly on the iconic plaza in our video player
HORRIFIED witnesses at the Amsterdam knife rampage have said the suspect allegedly stabbed a woman in the back as they heard terrifying screams.
At least five people have been injured in Thursday’s frenzied attack near Dam Square, at the heart of the Dutch capital.
Several people are injured after a reported knife attack in Amsterdam
A helicopter was seen landing on the iconic Dam Square
Dutch police have since sealed off the area
Paramedics rushed to the scene on Thursday afternoon
A girl and an older woman are among the injured, eyewitnesses told local broadcaster AT5.
“I heard a knock,” a shopkeeper also told the Parool newspaper.
“Then I saw a girl had been stabbed in the back and a boy ran off.”
According to a worker at the De 3 Fleschjes bar, diners witnessed an older woman being stabbed in the back before falling to the ground.
Another witness told De Telegraaf they suddenly heard an “icy scream” before panic broke out.
And a shop worker added she heard a lot of shouting and screaming as people were seen running on the streets.
One suspect has since been arrested but cops have not yet confirmed the motive behind the attack.
Emergency services rushed to the scene shortly after 3.20pm local time, following reports of a knife attack.
Two ambulances were initially dispatched, with a further three called just ten minutes later as the situation escalated.
A trauma team was also deployed via helicopter, which landed directly on the iconic Dam Square — prompting a large-scale cordon around the area.
“We are present at the Sint Nicolaasstraat near the Dam after a report of a stabbing incident with injuries,” the Amsterdam Police Unit said in a statement.
“There is therefore a cordon, also on the Dam. More information will follow.”
A meeting at Amsterdam’s Stopera building was interrupted and mayor Femke Halsema was pulled out of a council meeting when news of the attack broke.
Police have sealed off the area as they continue their investigation, urging anyone with footage of the incident to come forward and upload it on their website.
Moment armed cops swarm on Israel knife terrorist as Hamas CELEBRATES attack
Officials say the 23-year-old was motivated by “Islamic terrorism” before his alleged role in the bloodbath attack that left five others injured.
Three of the people caught up in the frenzied assault in the town of Villach were rushed to hospital in a critical condition last month.
All five survivors are aged between 15 and 36 with one being Turkish and the others Austrian citizens, police spokesman Rainer Dionisio said at the time.
Terrified witnesses reported hearing the alleged knifeman shout “Allahu Akbar” before lunging at his first victim.
Investigators also discovered an IS flag inside the suspect’s apartment, according to state police chief Michaela Kohlweiss.
She confirmed that cops also believe the man swore allegiance to the terror regime.
Onlookers at the cordoned-off Dam Square
Police officers seal off an area after a stabbing in central Amsterdam
Police cars and tapes could be seen near local pubs
The woman, 37, and her two-year-old daughter were among the 39 injured in the “shocking attack” said to be carried out by a rejected Afghan asylum seeker.
The Mini Cooper is said to have “sped up” and ploughed into the back of around 1,500 Verdi demonstrators – a Berlin-based German trade union – on Seidlstrasse in Munich.
The suspected attack came just hours before the Munich Security Conference that started last month, with US Vice President JD Vance and Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky arriving at the summit to speak.
Police said the suspect is a 24-year-old Afghan asylum seeker who, the region’s interior minister added, was known to cops in relation to drug and theft incidents.
News website Spiegel says the suspect is a Kabul-born man named Farhad Noori.
He is said to have posted Islamist content on social media before the heinous incident.
The suspected attack is thought not to be connected to the Munich Security Conference.