
VANNA White has defended her decision to continue on Wheel of Fortune after her long-term co-host Pat Sajak retired earlier this year.
In a new interview, Vanna, 67, discussed her future on the long-running CBS show, as a new era for Wheel of Fortune gets underway later this month.
The beloved TV star will reprise her presenting role alongside Ryan Seacrest, who was named Pat’s replacement, when Wheel of Fortune returns to TV screens on September 9.
Vanna, who was expected to follow Pat into retirement, recently told The New York Times she wasn’t quite ready to hang up her heels and “play golf every day.”
“Fortunately, I’m healthy, I’m active and I can still walk in those six-inch heels and I still wear those dresses,” she told the newspaper.
“Well, they’re not necessarily six inches – they feel like they’re six inches,” Vanna quipped.
\
Vanna will continue to co-host Wheel of Fortune through the 2025-26 season.
ON WORKING WITH RYAN
Legendary presenter Pat, 77, announced in a short statement last June that he was retiring from Wheel of Fortune after hosting the game show for over four decades.
“It’s been a wonderful ride,” the TV veteran, who has hosted over 8,000 episodes of Wheel of Fortune, added.
Shortly after, Ryan, 49, confirmed he would be taking over from Pat in a heartfelt message on social media.
\Jeopardy! fan-favorite Drew Goins reveals what celebrities slid into his DMs
Vanna recently admitted she was initially “very scared” to work with the American Idol presenter, after 41 years of co-hosting Wheel of Fortune with Pat.
Appearing alongside Ryan, she was discussing his upcoming debut during a segment on the CBS Sunday Morning show on September 1.
Ryan Seacrest shares update on upcoming Wheel of Fortune season and reveals ‘highlight’ of hosting iconic game show
When correspondent Luke Burbank asked Vanna about her experience co-hosting Wheel of Fortune with Ryan, she said, “I think our chemistry is good.”
However, Vanna agreed, she was initially “nervous about that element” telling the broadcaster, “I had no idea what to expect when I’m used to one person for so long.
“I was very scared – but he’s doing a great job!” she continued, referring to the transition from Pat to Ryan, ahead of the show’s 42nd season premiere next week.
RYAN’S WoF FUTURE REVEALED
Ryan will host Wheel of Fortune “through the early 2030s” to help the show transition seamlessly to a streaming platform.
Wheel of Fortune Host Timeline

Although Pat and Vanna have been a staple on the game show for decades, there have been other hosts
Chuck Woolery was the host from 1975 to 1981
He co-hosted alongside Susan Stafford (1975 to 1982)
Vanna White then stepped in as hostess in 1982 and has been ever since
After a contract and salary dispute, the show got rid of Chuck and brought in Pat in 1982
Pat hosted with Susan for one season
He then left the game show in 1989 to host a late-night talk show for CBS
For five months, NFL player Rolf Benirschke took his place
In July 1989, Bob Goen hosted the show on CBS
He hosted for a year and a half until the show was canceled in 1991
The show was then moved to ABC with Pat and Vanna hosting for the foreseeable future
In 2023, Pat announced his retirement and Ryan Seacrest as quickly named as his replacement
Sony chairman Tony Vinciquerra told the Times, “We want to have the continuity of the host, someone who is well known, and who will travel with the show through that transition.
“I can’t think of a better person to do that with than Ryan.”
Both Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy! are currently only available to watch on cable, which has made it more difficult to attract younger viewers who are tuned into streaming platforms like Netflix.
The sister shows, which are both owned by Sony, recently revealed that a streaming announcement is imminent.
RYAN IS SHAKING THINGS UP
A source close to the production told The U.S. Sun that Ryan’s hosting style could not be more different to Pat’s laid-back demeanor.
“Ryan is simply not doing the low-key version of the show that Pat did,” a longtime studio source said.
“He’s brought every bit of his ‘hype-beast’ morning radio and New Year’s Eve energy to the production of his first episodes,” they added, referring to Ryan’s other hosting gigs.
The Times reported that Ryan has infused the show with a new energy, explaining, “He can break into a salsa dance. He moves easily around the stage.
“And he does not require index cards — one of Mr. Sajak’s hallmarks — when he introduces each new contestant.”
Explaining how he prepared for one of TV’s most coveted presenting gigs, Ryan told the outlet, “I studied episodes of Pat and Vanna, I read the rule book, I made flashcards of the rules.”
Wheel of Fortune’s 42nd season premieres on Monday, September 9.
News
Chaka Khan’s Former California Estate Hits the Market for $6.35 Million
Listing agent Stephen Udoff, affiliated with Coldwell Banker Realty’s Malibu office, disclosed that a gated Spanish-style estate, which debuted on…
Boxing Legend Sugar Ray Leonard Lists His Los Angeles Mansion for $38 Million
Boxing icon Sugar Ray Leonard slashed $2 million off the asking price of his picturesque Los Angeles mansion, adorned with…
LeBron James Starts Construction on Dream Beverly Hills Home, Demolishes $36.8 Million Mansion Bought in 2020
LeBron James has begun construction on his dream Beverly Hills home, having demolished the lavish $36.8 million mansion he purchased…
Rod Stewart Raises Price of His Los Angeles Megamansion to $80 Million
British singer Sir Rod Stewart has increased the price of his long-standing Los Angeles mansion to a substantial $80 million….
Paul Newman and Joanne Woodward’s Former Beverly Hills Home Hits the Market for Nearly $8 Million
The former Beverly Hills, California, residence of Hollywood icons Paul Newman and Joanne Woodward is now on the market for…
Johnny Damon’s Florida Estate, Complete with a Hair Salon, Listed for $30 Million
During his tenure with the Boston Red Sox, outfielder Johnny Damon gained renown for his shoulder-length hair and unkempt beard….
End of content
No more pages to load