LIVE’S Mark Consuelos has opened up about the challenges of co-hosting the daytime show with his wife, Kelly Ripa.

The actor appeared as a guest on Kelly‘s podcast, Let’s Talk Off Camera – one year after becoming her permanent co-host.Mark Consuelos revealed the challenges he's faced while co-hosting Live with his wife, Kelly Ripa, on her podcast, Let's Talk Off Camera

During Wednesday’s episodeMark, 53, reflected on how much simpler it was being a guest co-host on the talk show compared to his gig now.

The All My Children alum often swooped in as Kelly’s right-hand man over the years when her co-host wasn’t available.

He officially took on the position after Kelly’s former co-host of six years, Ryan Seacrest, 49, exited last April.

Mark explained that before landing the job, he usually let Kelly, 53, take the reigns and talk much less.

While he’s since been saddled with more responsibility, he admitted that he still frequently lets his wife take the lead when cameras are rolling.

“I still don’t ask a ton of questions,” the Riverdale star confessed, referring to their guest interviews.

Kelly disagreed and assured her husband that he plays an equal role when they’re on the air.

“That’s not true. That’s so untrue. [It’s] in your mind,” the ex-soap opera star said.

But Mark wasn’t convinced and admitted that he regularly suffers blunders during live shows.

“I still mess up almost every single day. I mess up something,” the TV star revealed.

He then joked that he waits for the audience to clap to drown out his mistakes.

“Once I had skin in the game, it became twice as challenging,” Mark closed about joining the ABC show full-time.

Mark’s first official day as co-host was April 17, 2023.

Kelly’s gal pal, Ali Wentworth, 58, previously told The U.S. Sun that it was unlikely that the Hope & Faith star would co-host the show with anyone else after Mark, hinting at her plans to retire.

The actress has hosted the show for over 22 years, initially alongside former Live host Regis Philbin.

Mark addressed the rumblings in September that Kelly would soon leave the daytime show during a sit-down with Entertainment Tonight.

“I think it’s a real thing,” Mark told the outlet. “She’s been at that for 23 years.”

“I don’t think it’s gonna be anytime soon. I know she’s having a good time, I’m having a really, really good time. But at some point, yeah,” the TV personality added.

Mark went on to praise his wife for her hard work ethic, saying, “When she does decide to walk away, no one’s earned it more than her.

“She’s been working her butt off since she was like 12 or 13 years old, and she got into the business at 18, and so it’s been a long ride. [But] she’s having a blast now.”

Kelly also once teased that she and Mark are looking forward to retiring and enjoying their time being empty-nesters now that their three children, Michael, 26; Lola, 22; and Joaquin, 20, are out of the house.

Mark took over for Kelly's former co-host of six years, Ryan Seacrest, following his exit